Monday, June 23, 2014

Happy National Women in Engineering Day

Today is National Women in Engineering Day - 23 June 2014 - a day dedicated to raising the profile and celebrating the achievements of women in engineering.


I'm a woman and for 10 years I'm professionally signed as a Engineer of Architecture. In mean time, I've achieved the Master of Science degree. I was lucky enough to be educated in a free country where my rights as a woman are equal to the rights of men. My ambitions and my creativity is achieved. But the life of a woman engineer is not easy. Ability and job opportunities are not often in line with reality. I worked as an architect, has progressed, I was rewarded ...but I am currently unemployed and I want to say that I'm freelancer, but it is not a true definition of my profession and what I'm willing to give from me.

The situation in the world is difficult for all professionals, not especially for women engineers, but we should not ignore womens ability and expertise. Women who are  engineer are also wifes, mothers, family members who earn and provide a better future for the family. What is perhaps most important is to speak out and inspire all women in the world to believe in their potential as engineers, scientists,technologists and technical  leaders, to encourage education in engineering and to encourage companies to believe in gender diversity and inclusion of women in their projects.

When women get rid of their fears can achieve amazing things.


Happy National Women in Engineering Day and be proud of what you are!


No comments:

Post a Comment